As it stands out today, the real action in game development is happening at two different camps – iOS and Android.
Choosing between the two platforms is one of the most important business decision a game developer can make. So here’s a quick round up on the pros and cons of both these environments.
Lets us first begin with the advantages of developing games for Android
- A more global market outreach
- Development can be done a wide range of environment like Linux, Mac, or PC
- Less restrictive ecosystem (google does not monitor the market)
- Supports multiple methods of monetizing games(app purchases and advertisements)
Now for its disadvantages:
- Configurations setups may be difficult to manage on different platforms
Staring with the advantages:
- Easier and robust integration of hardware and software
- Little configuration hassles as there is only one system to support with clear documentation for it
Now for the disadvantages:
- Development only possible on Mac environment
- More restrictive ecosystem with stricter quality specifications
Did I miss something in the list ? Drop in a comment.